Electra Palace Hotel, 1st floor, Aristotelous Sq.
The Docs in Thessaloniki, running since 2001 in collaboration with the European Documentary Network -a member-based organisation for professionals working with documentary feature projects- and with the support of the EU MEDIA Program, gives documentary professionals the opportunity to have their projects pitched to a panel of international financiers, commissioning editors and representatives of the international audiovisual media. The first 3 days focus on project development and polishing, under the guidance of the following industry professionals: Flora Gregory (Documentary Expert, UK), Gitte Hansen (Sales Agent, First Hand Films, Switzerland), Joelle Alexis (Editor, Israel), Brian Hill (Director, UK), Thierry Detaille (Sales Agent, Visible Film, Belgium), Hanna Heilborn (Director, Sweden), Ove Rishøj Jensen (Film & Media Consultant, EDN, Denmark). The last 2 days are reserved for pitching (Saturday, March 19, 10.00–14.30 & Sunday March 20, 10.00-12.00, at Pavlos Zannas Theatre).
The following 21 projects have been selected to take part in Docs in Thessaloniki 2016:
- Athens Forward, Director Elena Zervopoulou, Producer Dimitra Kouzi, Kouzi Productions, Greece
- Slow, Director Leticia Agudo, Producer Paul McGrath, Whackala Ltd, Ireland
- The Tap Tap - Afflicted by Music, Director Radovan Síbrt, Producers Radovan Síbrt & Viktória Hozzová, Pink Productions, Czech Republic
- Fields of Hope, Director Olivier Magis, Producer Hanne Phlypo, Clin d’œil films, Belgium
- The Good Change, Director Konrad Szołajski, Producer Małgorzata Prociak, ZK Studio Ltd., Poland
- From Turkey with Love, Director Basak Callioglu, Producers Basak Callioglu & Robb Leech, Vagabond films, Turkey.
- Robotics for All, Director and Producer Angelos Tsaousis, Filmografik Productions, Greece
- Sara, Director Patricia Franquesa, Producers Patricia Franquesa & Laia Zanon, Agartha Productions, Spain
- The Code, Director Carles Caparros i Obiols, Producer Alberto Pascual Rodríguez, Grupo Master Producciones, Spain
- Sideline, Director Joost Wynant, Producer Gert Van Berckelaer, Visual Antics, Belgium
- Debut, Director Anastasiya Miroshnichenko, Producer Volia Chajkouskaya, PervajaKinoVideo Kompania, Belarus
- The Blue Code of Silence, Director Magnus Skatvold, Producer Håvard Gossé Bergseth, Spætt Film AS, Norway
- The New Odyssey, Director Gabriel Babsi, Producer Paul Miller, Selfmade Films, The Netherlands
- Unbinding Feet, Director Laetitia Schoofs, Producer Jia Zhao, Silk Road Film Salon, The Netherlands
- Didi Punam, Director Natasa Urban, Producer Ingvil Giske, Medieoperatørene, Norway
- Defender of the Faith, Director Christoph Röhl, Producer Katharina Bergfeld, Lichtblick Media GmbH, Germany
- My Despised Communist Jew Dad - and Me, Director Gábor Ferenczi, Producer Marcell Iványi, KraatsFilm Production, Hungary
- An Unpaid Act, Directors Nathalie Berger & David Leo Hyde, Switzerland
- Burning Voices, Director Pirjo Ojala, Producer Leo Naukkarinen, Ilokuva, Naukkarinen & Co, Finland
- Ghetto Balboa, Director Arpad Bogdan, Producer László Józsa, Speak Easy Project, Hungary
- My Favorite War, Director Ilze Burkovska Jacobsen, Producer Trond Jacobsen, Bivrostfilm, Norway
Docs in Thessaloniki 2016 is organized by EDN and the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival – Images of the 21st Century with the support of the EU Creative Europe MEDIA Program. EDN is a member-based organisation for professionals working with documentary film and television. EDN supports, stimulates, and creates networks within the documentary sector. www.edn.dk.